Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Sewing Machine

As I was growing up my step-mother was a seamstress at a local costume shop. It was called Hazel's costumes. It has now since been taken over by the great-grandson of the original owner. She worked there from the time I was 6 until I was just out of high school. I wish now that I would have let her teach me how to sew. She is an amazing seamstress and I would love to have her talent.

So here I am now, at the age of 38, just now getting my first sewing machine. I have wanted to for a long time and just never did it! Many, many thank you's to my darling husband for letting me spend the money to get one. It is now taking up space in our dining room table.

I was like a kid with a new toy! I pulled it out and looked at all the different stitches it can make and just was in "awhhhh". I carefully read the book and played around a bit and made my very first scarf! (will post pics soon) How much fun is this!

So for my amazing step-mom. Thank you for the inspiration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails